Monday, October 18, 2010

Garden Plan

Ah, what fun.  Using Google documents drawing tool; I fixed up my master plan.  To help me out in the memory department.  Not to scale, but useful.  The parking pad garden is very much a work in progress.  And, the sand out here is not improved at all.  Other parts of the property, have sand that has been improved through the years by leafs, pine bark, pine needles, or even back to when this subdivision was a chicken farm.  My parking pad garden?  Pure sand.

The only area that exists in reality right now is the east corn/bean section.  I raked out about 6 inches of sand; formed plastic flashing along the fence bottom as a weed block.  Then hubs and I shoveled in leaf mulch, cow manure, peat moss, and pine wood shavings.  We used light weight netting hung along the fence for a trellis and oak logs for the front garden edge.  Weed block cloth on the top; primarily to keep the dogsters out of the yummy cow manure - pine needle & oak leaf mulch; and the weed block carries forward to form the bottom of the work in progress tenders garden.

As I am out there working, I catch myself thinking "now what is growing up in the nursery that needs to go where?" - so here is my memory aid.  Not to scale - no not at all.


No comments: