Nothing like starting the day off with the sun warming you while you sip your first cuppa coffee of the day. Gorgeous.Sunny.Day.
Lots of little things done today ...
Planted out one more of the 18 cell recycled nursery cell trays around the garden. Some in salad bar row; some in partial shade in the rotted out stump garden. Also, planted 2 rough circles of Burpee Early and Often Hybrid Sweet Corn. They are in salad bar row; my thought is that with them clumped into a rough circle that they will look like a planting of ornamental grass. We'll see ... they are probably too close together.
One of the Orlando Eggplant seeds has finally sprouted in a Jiffy pellet on top the frig; moved it out under the lights in the garage.
Started a batch of herb seeds today:
Florida Cranberry (technically not an herb; but meh ....)
Borage
Lovage
Broad Leaf Sorrel
Mammoth Dill
Oregano
Thai Basil
Caraway
Lemon Basil
I'm not sure where to sit them; under the lights is getting a bit crowded. I might sit them out on top the warming mat/electrical box - they are in 3oz paper cups in a plastic storage bin so I can put a lid on them if its going to rain. And, since I'm planting out the nursery cell trays right now there is room.
I can not belief that a van load of soil amendments is almost gone. Where did it all go? Granted, a lot has gone to potting soil - and making our own potting soil is still much better and more economical than buying it. But still???? Ok - you veggies over there in salad bar row? You better be really happy about now. And you worms? You better get real busy there in your luxury condo cuz we be needing more compost. Hrmmph - guess I better get out there and mow the lawn so the worms have something to new to diet upon.
No comments:
Post a Comment