Overcast days are the best for good pictures; not really enough time today. I got 200 onion bulbs planted along the garden edge from out near the mailbox to the bend here. Also scattered marigold seed with them. This is part of implementing the pretty flowers in front of the garden approach.
Though it is not really ready, I plopped down about 2 dozen Red Leaf Lettuce Grand Rapids Type Galactic seed I picked up for a good price at Johnny's in the new tiered garden. Then I was going to scatter some more Violett Pac Choi seed, and we are all out. Sigh ....
This area that I cleared early fall is really surprising us. The collards in the back are approaching 2' tall and have just grown like crazy. In the front I have black plastic under the mulch to kill all the deep rooted weeds that were going on here. It has been down for several months now; but should probably go a couple more. I've been potting stuff up in pots and setting out here. The area gets about 4 - 5 hours direct eastern sun then is shaded at mid-day and gets dappled afternoon sun. Seems to be just the stuff brassica's like. Started working on building up the planting beds.
I have 3 doz Louisiana Iris bulbs to plant along the front edge; that I didn't get to today. And some caladiums to scatter around the back. Oh, and one of the Cuban Oregana is planted here. I'm going to plant some shallow rooted stuff in here for the next few months. And, when I get the Florida Variegated Collards going there will be a row of these along the backside.
Also, spread another single packet of Arugula seed in the Arugula bed, a packet of Black Seeded Simpson Lettuce in the bed where I hope it will reseed; as well a packet of flat leaf parsley seed near the parsley seedling plants.
Oh, and the rain barrel is collecting water. I not only did not leave it covered, I also set out every water collecting container I could. The spot it is setting doesn't get quite the volume of rain I had hoped for; but ... it will have to do for seedlings.
No comments:
Post a Comment