Monday, November 8, 2010

Steady as she goes

This is my favorite weather for working in the garden.  Chill enough for long pants, but not cold enough to need a jacket.  And NO, get that --NO-- not.a.single mosquito.  Can I put the Off! up for the season already now?

Progress update, steady as she goes.  Slowly but onward, we progress.  The front is starting to settle in and look sort-of complete.   





Need to dig out the street end by the mailbox and move a sprinkler head; as well as french drain the area where water pools on the driveway.



 Starting to add mulch and compost and stuff to expand the back side for next spring.

I'm pretty happy with how it looks, and it is feeding us nicely!  I want to pick up a couple more yellow flowers for the salad bar section and a few purple basil for in front of the electrical box.  Otherwise, the main section is just succession planting greens and lettuce.







The Parking Pad garden area is planted, and stuff is a growing.  Not feeding us yet, but patience, patience.  Oh, and I ran out of materials.  Go figure ...

No comments: