I haven't done a potato bag update lately. I quit adding more potting soil. I was running out too fast. I'm going to put a few bags of pine fines with a dash of peat and black cow in a big trash can and let it sit and peculate until next winter. That should help out on potato bags next season.
This year, I'll probably dump the bags out on the fall/winter herb garden to be.
This bag in the left photo was started Mid-November. The next about a month later. The three pronged weeder thingie is hanging out to punch holes in the bags as they are unrolled and to improve drainage as needed.
So, I went out to get a picture of the whole thing? What happened with that logic? Well, I have one on each side of the tomato pots.
They are suppose to really like wood ash and urine (!@!#) fertilizer. Hmm, maybe add the charcoal grill ashes to the potting soil trash can.
I'm not too sure how to tell when to harvest them, or when to stop adding soil. Other than, harvest when the tops flop over and turn yellow and stop soil when you run out.
Oh, and one of the plants is setting blooms. How about those potatoes?
No comments:
Post a Comment