mm, maybe I should learn what a Pappardelle is first? Well, OK then, Pappardelle is very broad fettuccine. So, the eggplant (or squash) sliced very thin longwise, is a veggie Pappardelle.
At any rate, gathered from our garden:
- half dozen green onions
- all remaining sugar snap peas
- 5 baby eggplant
- 3 medium kale plants
- bunch of basil
- bunch of baby mustard
- all seed pods from one large multi-headed broccoli
- all ripe strawberries
Purchased ingredients:
1 lb Sea Scallops
1 portion tuna
1 jar tomato bruschetta*
Heat a dash of oil in a wok'ish type pan - sear scallops and remove from pan. Add all garden greens and toss to wilt. Return scallops to pan and add tomato bruschetta. Toss to heat and mix. Serve. Enjoy.
Hubs - "Is this a recipe you found or something you made up?" At any rate, it was good and has been added to my recipe list. A hubs approved rerun. He is generally pretty good with my made up recipes.
In other garden/kitchen/harvesting news - I've been looking around for a sandwich press. As in cuban sandwich, not panini. On one of my passing through trips looking for garden bargains at the ReStore i found a flat round cast iron griddle. Perfect for the bottom portion of the press. I thought $5 in a thrift store a few bucks too high; but brought it home. Imagine my surprise - collectible cast iron. Older than me.
And I will think of vacations every time I pull out my Griswold griddle.
*Canned Salsa Bruschetta - I bought this jar, but have high hopes of canning up some of our own. This recipe is from Ellie Topp.
Salsa Bruschetta-Style
3 cups chopped peeled Italian plum tomatoes
2 large cloves garlic, minced
2 shallots, minced
1 cup chopped fresh basil
1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. pickling salt
1/4 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
2 green onions, minced
3 tbsp. tomato paste
1. Combine tomatoes, garlic, shallots, basil, vinegar, lemon juice, saltand pepper in a medium non-reactive saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat and boil gently for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in green onion, tomato paste and return to a boil.
2. Remove hot jars from canner and ladle salsa into jars to within 1/2" of rim. Process 35 minutes for half-pint and 40 minutes for pint jars.
Makes 3 cups.
Harvest Monday! Time to go visit Daphne and friends around the interwebz. Weee! My own Griswold Vacation! Think I'll make Mom let me use her new iPad on surgery day. Heck, she won't be needing it, and I'll bet you all's blogs and journals will look much better than on my iPaq. Of course, there is the danger that I'll get hooked on iPad. Several hours sitting around the hospital waiting room will do for that.
1 comment:
That looks so delicious. I could never serve it to my husband though as he hates veggie. I can hide them occasionally, but most he won't even touch.
Post a Comment