Sunday, February 20, 2011

Spring into Seeds

I'm feeling behind.  If I was to go off to the big box store and buy seedlings; they would be much bigger then what I have.  So, what does this mean?  I started too late, I didn't fertilize correctly, insufficient light?  I'm not sure; probably some of all of the above.

I have learned that I can move seedlings out to mother nature much earlier than I originally thought.  It just means that I need to watch the weather forecast and cover up if temps lower than 40 are predicted.  Even the plants in ground; covered with a plastic recycled container fared excellently.  Oh, and I have a volunteer tomato in the parking pad raised bed that had absolutely no protection.  Go figure.  Does this mean I should just plant my tomato seed in late fall and let it be to winter over?  Mother nature is a much better gardener than myself.

Seeds started this week

5 YumYum Gold Sweet Peppers
5 Datil Hot Pepper
4 Black Pearl Ornamental Hot Pepper
Bush Cucumber in-ground in raised round bed 
Culantro seed in-ground
Cilantro seed in-ground
More COS lettuce seed
Good King Henry in-ground
Botanical Interests Dolce Vita Blend Basil - Cinnamon, Genovese, Tall Lemon, Lime, Mammoth , Purple Petra in-ground
Florence Fennel
Papalo
2 Burpee Bush Cucumber
2 Burpee Pickler Cucumber
Lemon Basil seed added to destined for in-bed tomato seedlings
White Bush Marrow Squash
Seminole Winter Squash
Purple Podded Pole Bean
Florida Cranberry
Winged Bean
Sword Bean

Hmm ... Lost in the edit box ... Shame on me

No comments: