Dozen or so Kiera Kale aka Portugese Cabbage transplanted. Ten or so Florida Broadleaf Mustard transplanted. Trionfo Violetto Pole Bean Phaseolus vulgaris - 3 ea planted in coffee filters on Feb 3. The plan is to wait a week and plant 3 more and so forth. So I don't get caught by a surprise freeze. I've only got 15 of these seeds, in a trade with Soilent Green; so must be careful. I'm starting them this early because they are reported to not be very heat tolerant; although they are tasty green; which is what I'm after.
Sandhill Preservation is suppose to have a "Grandma Roberts Purple Pole" available this year that is reported by DarJones to do well here in the southeast heat and humidity.
Oh, and there is actually still one rose alive in the rose arbor garden. And 3 raspberries; two of which are doing very well.
Almost forgot, the neighbor is going to trim the oak tree in his yard; which will have the indirect effect of more sunlight for the rose arbor garden. And, he is planting a Golden Dorset Apple!
No comments:
Post a Comment