Monday, February 28, 2011

The First _____ of Spring 2011

The last day of February was a day of many spring firsts.



Critters abound, enjoying the warmth and sunshine.  I can not believe I was able to get this close to get this photo with the cell phone camera.  Beautiful is she not?  A Yellow Swallowtail I believe.

Also spotted overhead flying by with a wingspan that seemed to go on and on - an Eagle! 

Spotted two days in a row, and went out today to get his photo and couldn't find him ... sob ... he was eating the bugs bothering the overwintered eggplant.  A Green Anole or Green Chameleon.  Hopefully two bad winters in a row are making a dent on the invasive cuban brown meanies.

Dogwood blooms!
 Arugula blooms!  Self-seeding in progress one hopes!
 Peek-a-boo strawberries ready to eat!
 Itsy bitsy Meyer Lemon bush rescued from the Lowes sick rack; loaded in blooms!
 First tomatoes of the season.
The White Marrow Squash is getting ready to bloom.
This is actually the second bud/bloom on the OGR Mutablis - I missed the photo on the first.
 Upside down baby raspberries to be.
 Total of 5 eggplants growing, and 2 bushes full of blooms!  This is the bush the Green Chameleon has been calling home.
Tomatoes Galore in progress.  



Spring is my favorite time of the year.  That is, until the first mosquito bite, and I have to get the cans of OFF strategically located at each door.

No comments: