White Bird of Paradise that we have had in this same pot for 13 years or so. Moved with us cross country twice. Her roots are probably growing in the ground right now so we don't mess with her. A bit of leaf burn during the freezes but she's looking good.
It is driving me crazy that I can not remember the name of this bush. It is a really nice bush; low maintenance, drought tolerant, deluge tolerant - just hangs out looking pretty and bright green.
I have a policy with my closet. If it wants something new, something old must go out. I am officially making a bargain with our salad bar; if we take something out - I will plant something new.
To that end - seed starts this week:
Bakers Dozen dwarf gray sugar pea
9 Icicle Radish
12 French Breakfast Radish
2 Tropic Wonder Cabbage
2 India Spinach Beet Greens
2 Argentata Swiss Chard
5 Silvery Fir Tree Tomato
Lettuce seed planted in Dollar Bin Salad Bin's to replace the eaten parts. Those dang 2-legged varmints.
Flat Parsley seed
The Trionfo Violetta Pole Bean is on track! 2 of 3 planted on Feb 3 are up. 3 more go in today. Baby pole bean to your left. Protected from this weeks cold weather with a plastic cup over her.
Many of the tomatoes, peppers and eggplant have been upsized. Some have been moved out to the garden heater. So far, OK. Not great; but OK. I believe it is time to start some half strength liquid fertilizards. We are wanting those babies to grow fast. And we have a 10 day forecast of nice sunny warm weather; and maybe a bit of rain.
What the heck is that? Is it a Bird? A Seed? A tomato panel tied to the top of a mini-van?
Spring is in the air! I also picked up several old packs of Johnny Jump Up (Viola's) on clearance. I'll scatter those around in various places to encourage the bees who have been stopping by and visiting.
Tomatoes soon please.
3 comments:
Oh, how nice! I'm jealous of all your gardening. We're still a few months out from any serious gardening here in zone 6. I can't wait to get some violas and start getting the spring veggies into the ground. Radishes are my favorite!
Last year, my mom spotted some Johnny jump ups in D.C. and fell in love with them. I have two packs of seeds that I really, really need to get cooking for her.
Your plants look great!
I just love viola's - if I could I would plant dozens of flats around the place. And the Johnny jump ups are my favorites. It will be really nice if I can get a patch reseeding itself.
And Shannon, once summer times hits Florida I'll be vicariously sharing your garden .... from inside the house :)
Post a Comment