I decided to take pictures in early afternoon on a typical day. Not the best garden/plant shots, but it gives me a record of how the sun is. Because it seems my memory is not so good. More on that later.
The seeds I scattered are growing, but very slowly. I am increasing the ante on fertilizer. I'm going to go with weekly broadcasts of organic stuff like black cow; chicken; blood meal, and alfafa pellets. For faster acting to compliment the timed release.
The backside extension is complete, just stewing and composting for spring.
Street end; still work in progress. Full sun, dry dry dry. Ideas?
TRATEOTD
The restaurant at the end of the driveway is slowly turning into the tomato factory. And, the eggplant centered on the fence there is very happy. I think we will always have an eggplant in that spot.
Parking Pad Garden Progress
The fence side garden I'm sure will do exceptional in the summer. It's not too shabby now, with less sun. We've harvested some from here as I thin.
The cucumber pot on the end here is not getting enough sun at all. I'm not sure how it will do in the summer. And I had to pull the chayote out from behind the tree - too shady and too wet.
Sugar snap peas. Getting ready for tomatoes come February.
HarvestA whole lot of lettuce and fresh greens. Not enough tomatoes. A whole quart of pickled cucumber. More would have been really, really nice. Several eggplant meals. A few beans for lettuce garnish. Enough hot peppers, though we would have eaten more if they were here.
Note to self! For plenty of eating tomatoes in November start seeds in July.
Weather Actuals
Total Precipitation: 1.89"
High: 86
Low: 43
Mean Average: 66
PS - a better light photo
No comments:
Post a Comment