The littles are tucked into the garage. Safe and sound from the big bad roars of Irene as she passes by. It looks like the fun is going to start anytime now. Fortunately, she is offshore of us, and we will be getting just the outer bands.
Actually, this morning I was watering the south garden. It needed rain yesterday, and sadly we had rumbling but no wet stuff. With all the winds today, the plants would dry out too much. So I was watering, and the first band came through about 10 AM.
Last Sunday I had intended to pot up tomatoes. With Irene forecasted to hit Florida, I passed. All the tomatoes ready to go into final pots are setting out on Mount Tomato sitting on top the pots they are destined for. I figured this way they would be easy to grab to bring into the garage with the littles if the storm turned this way.
The few that were already potted up I've left in place for the most part. They are under trees for noon shade anyway.
The broccoli and cabbage I started in ground a few weeks back continues to hang in. That bed is covered with palm fronds. Which will probably blow away, but meh.
I actually remembered to lay down the new guava tree I just bought. And to remove the branch shaping weights from the fruit trees. And hubs let down the umbrella. Otherwise, I think we are ready for some rock and roll.
Stay safe everybody!
No comments:
Post a Comment