Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A Walk on the Front Side

Join me as we take a stroll through the front gardens today, nearing the end of summer.  Hot days, humid nights. Bugs, bugs and more bugs.  Not much can handle the quadraplex of heat, rain, humidity and bugs galore.

Worm Ranch

Thyme


Peanut Patch


Sweet Potatoes

South Garden on a Dime

NE Garden

Roselle and Whipporwill Cowpea

Anna Apple, Seminole Squash, Pineapple


In the mean time, fall is in the air.  The Beauty Berries are turning purple and the wild black cherry is dropping her leaves.  And the fall veggies are out getting a bit of sun, under the protection of the trees.

It was actually pleasant out this morning.  The night time temps are falling into the mid seventies.  Makes the mornings oh so very nice.  Great for taking a stroll and checking fall plans.

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Beautiful!

tervy said...

Thank you! I'm always nervous at season changes. Afraid the veggie garden will start looking tacky. If I can plan it right, I'll have lettuce ready to go in the sweet potato beds when they come out. Hmm, maybe should start some violas also.