Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Imp's Breakfast Bars

Take One

1/2 cup dry quinoa - cook as per instructions
4 bananas - 2 black and runny 2 overripe and soft
1 guava - very soft
1 6oz bag Sliced Almonds
1 smidgen left in 6oz bag chopped Walnuts
1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1 cup 5 grain rolled whole grain hot cereal (not cooked)
1/4 cup flaxseed
1 heaping TBS cinnamon
1 part to taste, cardamon, anise seed, vanilla
2 TBS Agave Honey
1 egg

Combine fruit, honey and dry ingredients.  Stir very well.  Let sit while quinoa cooks.  Stir in quinoa.  Stir in egg.  Stir and combine very well.  Spread into a greased 9x13 pan.  Bake at 350 for about 1.5 hours.

Okay, next time ......

It does need a bit of sweetner.  Not much, but a bit.

The guava added a good flavor, but my gosh the seeds!  I'm surprised I didn't break a tooth.  Needs more walnut.  And next time I think I'll add a cup of Quinoa flakes.  Hubs said more banana.  He's not tried it yet today.  Might have more to say on the matter.

No comments: