Every single bucket we had (with out holes) lined the drip edge to catch rain water. I decided to forego sitting out the lobster pot. I'm kind of wishing now that our yard trash cans didn't have holes drilled in the bottom.
We received 1.5" rain Friday night between 6PM and midnight. Lovely, lovely wet stuff.
The black 35 gallon is full, and our new rain barrel?
Free catching from the drip line 1.5" filled about 1/3 of the 100 gallons. I really like how you can see the water level from the outside.
After we dumped in the buckets of water, she is 2/3 full. And more rain forecast tonight.
A bit more PVC pipe work and 6 more concrete blocks and I think we'll be set for a bit.
Until we get a solid measurable amount of rain statewide, we still have the risk of additional wildfires. Even with rain falling, everything is so dry that lightning strikes will start more wildfires. I read, and can't find the source again - we need 2" of continuous rain for rain to start to make a positive difference in the wildfire potential and 9" rain to get us out of the current fire/drought risk.
No comments:
Post a Comment