Thursday, July 21, 2011

Bargain Hunting

I've been looking and looking for an economical sturdy outdoor bench to sit by the front pond.  No luck with the economical portion.  Saturday, bestest Mom-in-law and I took off for Mt. Dora and Eustis.  To go thrift storing and stop by the Mt. Dora Flea Market.  It was a slow day at the Flea Market, but that didn't stop ALL the handicap parking places from being full.  If you've been to the market there, you know that the outdoor parking is on grassed terraces with staircases between each terrace level. 


Umm,,,,, Ms Walker meet Mr. Staircase.

FAIL


So, we went to the outside vendors.  Which is all I really was expecting anyway.  I found a really nice heavy wrought iron railing.  SCORE!  Mom and I looked around a bit more, till we were warn out and exhausted from navigating rough terrain in blazing heat.  The railing needed a bit of welding repair, so I went back the next day to get it. 

And to pick up a Pitcher plant I had been lusting over.  I get my railing loaded up, then I buzz off with my walker over to the plant vendor.  Lovely little place.  I look at the plants outside the entrance while I wait for a couple to conclude a purchase.  Then I moozie on up to head inside.  Two Vietnamese guys stop me with broken English - "No room for you, you can't come in here" and pointed at my walker.  The aisles were too narrow for me and my walker.  In fact, too narrow for me and crutches.

How sad is that.

Limited mobility is not for the poor nor faint of heart.

No comments: